Monday, February 11, 2013

How many months?

Okay. I've been invited by my dear poetry mentor/friend/sister Sarah Fox to participate in something called The Next Big Thing.  (Thank you Sarah!) and since I haven't written anything here in so long this is perhaps a trial blog post just to make sure I remember how this whole thing gets from your fingers into cyberspace.

Actually there's lots going on in my poetic life.  I've got several poems out there in the world (or soon to arrive) -- some on these internet poetry websites others expected to appear in that old fashioned, and still very dear to me, form  -- the literary journals.  You know something you can hold in your hand, thumb the pages, curl up with and read and then put onto your bookshelf (if you have any room left on your bookshelf -- I don't at the moment) or in the alternative stack by the side of your bed or your desk or any handy surface (I've got lots of those).

For anyone reading this who is in the Port Townsend area, I'll be reading along with my husband Dale on April 25th at the Northwind Center.

And then here locally on May 19th at the Unitarian Universalist Church as part of a much larger benefit reading.  I participated in that same reading last year and it was one of the best run multi-poet readings I've ever been part of.  SRO also! (Who would think so many people would like to hear poetry on a Sunday afternoon.)

And if you are wondering why I don't post more often I think I'm just shy or not into telling people I barely know about the everyday workings of my life.  I am an avid journal keeper and most of that goes there.  I just started my 85th Journal a few days ago.  I began serious daily (almost) journaling back in September 1992.  I began making my own journals in 1996 (see # 16 below) and have finally settled on a size I really like (see #s 53 and on).







Okay, so I've figured out how to write something and even include pictures!

Stay turned (or tuned) for my self-interview The Next Big Thing to appear right here in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment